Knowledge is power, and when it comes to protecting your employees, it’s not different. Every year, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) publishes their most cited safety violations every year in hope that workplaces across the nation will take the necessary precautions to ensure standard compliance and reduce safety risks. The list varies only slightly from year to year, showing that despite the information being available, most businesses either don’t fully understand the OSHA standards, or they aren’t properly educated on how to take proactive steps to develop a comprehensive safety program for their operation.
OSHA Most Cited Violations of 2019
- Fall Protection (Standard 1926.501)
- Hazard Communication (Standard 1910.1200)
- Scaffolding (Standard 1926.451)
- Lockout/Tagout (Standard 1910.147)
- Respiratory Protection (Standard 1910.134)
- Ladders (Standard 1926.1053)
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Standard 1910.178)
- Fall Protection (Standard 1926.503)
- Machine Guarding (Standard 1910.212)
- Personal Protective and Life Saving equipment (Standard 1926.102)
Let CBT help you along the journey to a safer workplace, contact your CBT specialist to learn more.